Golf is an outdoor sport. We all love a sunny afternoon, but there are times when dark clouds start to build on the horizon. All golfers need to have the right golf rain gear available if they get caught in a back 9 shower.
Don’t let your career round get ruined by a surprise downpour.
Regardless of the weather, we want your golf balls to fly straight down the middle.
Top Picks: 14 Golf Rain Gear And Accessories
1. Magnum Golf Bag Rain Hood
A great golf rain accessory doesn’t need to be complicated. The goal is simple - keep your golf clubs dry so you can keep hitting great golf shots.
It will cost you $29.99.
- Made with water-repellant Nylon
- Water Resistant Full-Length Zippers to give you easy access to your clubs
- Adjustable Snap Buttons and 5mm foam padding
2. Adidas Rain.RDY Full Zip Golf Rain Jacket
Every serious golfer needs a rain jacket. They can be worn for warmth, wind protection, or to keep you dry. Adidas makes high-performance, fashionable golf apparel, and the RAIN.RDY full-zip is no exception.
They make a size that will work for everyone (Small, Medium, Large, XL, XXL, XXXL) and you can choose from Hemp or Black for $280.
- Fully waterproof - uses advanced technology to keep the moisture away from your body
- Three-layer design with a waterproof, breathable membrane keeps it light without compromising durability.
- Adjustable cuffs reduce restriction and allow to still make a full golf swing.
3. Nike Storm-Fit AD Golf Rain Pants
You need a rain jacket and you need golf rain pants. Nike is good enough for Tiger, so we are confident it will work for you!
Stay dry during a shower and get protection from the wind. The Storm-Fit AD pants are offered in a size that will work for everyone, but make sure you don’t get them too tight. You will typically wear them over other pants.
They will cost you $150.
- Advanced, Weather-Ready Design - fabric has been built to handle the wind and the rain
- Zippered cuffs make it easy to take the pants on and off - you need to be able to quickly put them on without removing your golf shoes
- Elastic waistband with drawcord provides a fit that feels just right
4. Sunday Golf Magnetic Towel
Rain or shine you need a golf towel to enjoy the game. We love this Magnetic towel by Sunday Golf.
Easy to access, easy to pick up, and easy to use. Golf in the rain is hard, so get a towel that will simplify your experience.
This innovative product is available in Black or Gray for $34.99.
- High-quality fabric makes keeping your clubs clean and dry easy
- Built-in magnet means you can attach this towel to most surfaces
- Stylish and simple, this towel looks great on every golf bag
5. Fit Space Waterproof Golf Rain Suit
You can search Amazon for a rain jacket and rain paints or you can buy a full golf rain suit!
Fit Space makes a reasonably priced golf rain suit that will keep you dry and keep you looking good. You can choose from 5 different colors and get a full rain suit for less than $190.
- Made with 4-Way stretch fabric
- The jacket is convertible to short-sleeve if it is wet, but a bit warm on the course
- Waterproof, weatherproof, and breathable - golf isn’t fun if you aren’t comfortable
6. Footjoy Hyperflex Carbon: Best Waterproof Golf Shoes
We all love to play golf, but no one enjoys it with wet socks and feet. You can keep your toes nice and dry with a pair of Footjoy Hyperflex Carbon golf shoes.
Perform at your best and look great. These shoes are available in black, white, or multi-color and will cost you $199.99.
You will know it is raining, but your feet won’t!
- 2-Year Waterproof Warranty
- StratoFoam tuned for walking comfort, including extra ankle padding
- Soft Ortholite Insoles
7. Galvin Green Axl Waterproof Short Sleeve Jacket
There is no doubt that professional golfers prefer a short-sleeved rain jacket. You can follow their lead with the Axl jacket by Galvin Green.
You typically play golf in a short-sleeved shirt, so you will be more comfortable in a jacket with a similar design.
You can select from 3-different color combinations for $350.
- 100% waterproof and windproof
- GORE-TEX Paclite® technology for maximum protection and comfort
- Elastic drawstring at the hem to ensure you have the perfect fit
8. Sun Mountain Umbrella Auto 68 Inch
You had to know that an umbrella would make our list of best rain gear accessories. You simply can’t keep your clubs and gloves dry without a golf umbrella.
Do you worry about getting a sunburn? This umbrella can provide you with protection from the sun and the rain.
Select black or silver for $65.
- Double-canopy construction - 68” spread provides great coverage
- The rubber-covered, slip-resistant handle fits perfectly in the umbrella holder of Sun Mountain push carts
- Nylon canopy with fiberglass shaft and ribs
9. Garmin Approach S70 Water-Resistant Golf Watch
This beautifully designed watch will give you all of the information you need to select the correct club and it doesn’t care if you get a bit of rain on the back 9.
It will cost you $650.
- 43,000 preloaded courses and a virtual caddie
- Enhanced “plays like” distance feature that factors in wind, slope, and moisture
- Green contour data will improve your ability to read the break on the greens
10. Under Armour Men’s ColdGear Infrared Waterproof Gloves
Far too often when the rain comes the temperature drops. The Under Armour ColdGear gloves will keep your hands both warm and dry.
You can’t play golf if you can’t hold onto your clubs - place these gloves in your golf bag and forget about them. The day will come when they save your round!
You won’t regret the $30 you spent on them.
- Water-resistant 3-layer bonded exterior fabric for lightweight durability
- ColdGear® Infrared technology uses a soft, thermo-conductive coating to absorb & retain your body heat
- Knit fleece fabric fingers for added stretch & mobility
11. Callaway Women’s Wind And Water Resistant Golf Jacket
We love products that are designed to be multi-purpose. This women’s jacket by Callaway will protect you from rain, wind, and the cold.
Keep this in your golf bag and you will be ready for anything Mother Nature throws at you. Select from Navy, Black, or Green for $108.
- Swing Tech™ Technology for a full range of motion with every shot
- Mock next and packable hoodie
- Wind and water-resistant
12. Columbia Outdry Extreme Mesh Golf Waterproof Pants
Columbia takes an alternative approach to rain paints and produces a cool option for golfers looking to stay dry. The Outdry Extremes will keep you dry on the course or on the field.
They cost $150 and come in dark gray.
- OutDry™ EXTREME waterproof/breathable fully seam sealed - water can’t get in
- Constructed with comfortable stretch fabric
- Elastic waist and hand pockets
13. Footjoy Hydrolite Golf Rain Jacket
The Footjoy Hydrolite rain jacket is a classic design and an extremely high-quality product. It is a great combination of comfortable, fashionable, and functional.
You can select from 4 vibrant colors for $195. Sizes span from Small to XXXL. This rain jacket will perform well for all players.
- 2.5 layer construction is stretchable, waterproof, breathable, and easily packable
- 2-year waterproof warranty
- Waterproof front zipper & adjustable waterproof cuffs
14. JBL Flip 6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
Just because the rain starts doesn’t mean the music has to stop. Get the JBL Flip 6 waterproof speaker and you will be golfing & dancing in the rain.
It will cost you $130.
- JBL Flip 6 gives you up to 12 hours of playtime on a single charge - go ahead and play 36
- Big sound and easy to carry - perfect for your golf cart
- Do you have two of them? You can pair them together to produce stereo sound
Key Considerations When Choosing Golf Rain Gear
Waterproof Vs. Water-Resistant
You always need to be careful and understand the product specs before you make a purchase. A waterproof jacket will keep you much dryer than one that is simply water-resistant.
Water-resistant products can handle a short shower or a heavy mist, but will not keep you protected during serious rain.
It will be more expensive, but a waterproof and windproof jacket is worth the money when the weather conditions get rough. Gore-tex is the go-to material if you want waterproof rainwear.
Ease Of Movement
Don’t forget that you still have to be able to make a golf swing. Who cares if you stay dry if you can no longer hit the golf ball?
We love to see the term “zero restriction” on products - you don’t want your golf swing to change simply because you have put on a raincoat.
With this in mind, you might want to consider a short-sleeve rain jacket versus a long-sleeve. When we turn on the PGA Tour and watch the professionals we see mainly quarter-sleeve rain/wind jackets.
Playing in the rain when the temperature is warm can be a challenge. You need the layers to stay dry, but it can quickly get sweaty inside your rain suit.
You need proper ventilation and breathability if you want to be comfortable.
Comfort and Proper Fit
On a rainy afternoon, you might be in your golf rain suit for 4-5 hours - it needs to be comfortable and fit you properly.
You typically wear your golf rain pants over your normal golf pants, so they need to be large enough - if you normally wear XL, you might want to consider XXL. This isn’t true for your rain jacket.
You don’t want it to be tight, but too large can also be a problem - always try it on before you buy, and make sure you can make a golf swing.
We have all been there - you are considering two different products and they can be hard to separate. Check out the additional features for unique designs that might be helpful on a wet golf course.
Adjustable cuffs on a rain jacket can make it easier to swing. A golf pullover with a hoodie will be nice if the weather conditions get nasty. Waterproof pockets and zippers can keep your phone dry while you play.
Practical Tips For Golfing In The Rain
Check The Weather Forecast
Never head to the course without first checking the weather forecast. You need to know if there is a 20% chance of rain or a 100% chance of showers.
It isn’t practical to always carry all of your rain gear in your golf bag, but you don’t want to be caught by surprise by the weather conditions.
The best player in the rain is typically the one who is prepared to handle it.
Changing weather conditions can be dangerous and you always need to be aware of the environment you are playing in. The more rain a golf course receives, the muddier it will become.
Most golf shoes now have soft spikes and you can easily slip and slide down a hill. Be careful.
Do you know what else sometimes comes with rain? Lightning! Don’t be the guy swinging a metal stick with electricity in the air.
If you hear thunder, head for the 19th hole. Relax, get a cold drink, and wait for the storm to pass.
Play With The Right Mindset
You can’t fight the rain, you need to embrace it. Playing golf in bad weather is difficult - don’t get frustrated.
You might not hit the ball as well once you are wearing a rain shirt and waterproof pants - instead of getting mad, rely on your short game and grind out the best score possible.
Tiger Woods used to love tough weather conditions because he knew other players couldn’t handle it as well as he could. Don’t whine, be Tiger!
Rain Doesn’t Have To Ruin Your Day
You can’t prevent it from raining, but you can control how you react to wet conditions.
Reach into your bag, pull out your best waterproof golf gear, and keep playing. Enjoy the challenge, laugh at the bad shots or bad breaks, and keep grinding!
With the right great and the right attitude, you can turn a rainy day into a competitive advantage.
Take a few bucks off your buddy who is complaining about the weather and forget his umbrella! Good luck and have fun.