We all love to shop for golf equipment and is there anything better than picking out a new golf driver? Both online and in-person, shopping for a new driver is a thrill. The excitement comes from the potential. Could this new club be the answer to your struggles? Could it help you hit more fairways and get more distance off the tee?
With the exception of your putter, you’ll hit your driver more than any other club in your bag. With that in mind, how can you get the best golf driver for your game? You need to combine the right club technology with the driving tips you got during your last lesson.
There are plenty of options out there and we think we can help you pick the best driver for your ability and playing style. We want you to find the driver that’ll allow you to hit the ball better. Get more distance and better accuracy with one of the best golf drivers of 2023!
The Best Golf Drivers
Below we highlight 9 of the best golf drivers of this season. We believe the perfect one for you is somewhere on our list. Happy shopping!
1. TaylorMade Stealth Driver
The Stealth is one of the best golf drivers because it’s packed with the latest golf technology. The carbon twist face provides a combination of distance and accuracy that you don’t see in other drivers. The Stealth has a high MOI (moment of inertia) design with the weight pushed back and low. The other unique feature of this driver is the “inertia generator” that helps increase your clubhead speed.
- Long and straight - the Stealth delivers distance
- The look is cool and unique - you’ll stand out on the driving range or the first tee
- The ball leaps off the face, but you still get a soft feel
- All of the best golf drivers are expensive, but this one will cost you a little more than others on the list
- The face produces a muted sound - this is a preference thing, but we prefer a little more noise
2. Cobra LTDx Driver
The Cobra LTDx driver is best for the player that wants one of the best golf drivers and wants to look cool hitting it. Cobra is known in the golf industry as an edgy and “hip” brand.
The LTDx has been designed to help you increase your ball speed while reducing your spin rate. Does your ball tend to float or curve? Reducing your spin rate can help you hit longer and straighter drives. Cobra has built this driver to be lighter with a hotter clubface. This combination means you can hit “bombs.”
- Great sound and feel to this driver when you hit the sweet spot
- No doubt it’s long - face it hot and lightweight design will help you deliver it to the ball with speed
- Looks great when you set up to the ball
- Pricey, but you’ll see this throughout our list of best golf drivers
- We don’t love how the bottom (the sole) of the club looks - Cobra could improve in the next model
3. Callaway Rogue ST Max
The Rogue ST Max has a high MOI head and a slight draw bias. Perfect if you want more distance and you want to eliminate your slice. The “jailbreak speed frame” creates face stability to help you hit it long and straight. Finally, the unibody construction helps you with accuracy and getting the ball into the air.
- The club feels stable at impact - more accurate than others on our list of best golf drivers
- Looks awesome - creates confidence prior to starting your swing
- High launch - if you struggle to get your tee shots in the air, give this driver a look
- Draw-bias won’t work for some players - if you already hit a draw this club could turn it into a hook
- We know we’re a broken record, but this driver will be too expensive for some golfers
4. Callaway Big Bertha REVA Women’s Driver
The Callaway Big Bertha REVA is best for the women that love to outdrive the men. Make them beg you to join their captain's choice team!
The Big Bertha REVA was designed for women by studying player performance data. It’s lightweight and high-launch. It includes a draw-bias feature to eliminate that pesky slice. Callaway has also added their award-winning “jailbreak” bars to the face to provide the ladies with additional ball speed.
- Reasonably priced - the REVA is the cheapest club on our list of best golf drivers
- The “jailbreak” face bars have been used in several of Callaway’s most popular models - a proven technology
- Simply a beautiful club - looks great when you address the ball
- The draw-bias design will turn off some players
- Only available in high lofts (10.5 and 12.5)
5. PING G425 Max Driver
The PING G425 Max driver is best for the player that wants to look like a pro, even if they can’t play like one!
The G425 Max driver creates the highest MOI in the history of PING and PING has been making clubs for decades. The internal “dragonfly” technology creates more speed and forgiveness. PING has designed the G425 Max head to be aerodynamic to allow you to generate more clubhead speed without changing your swing.
- Accuracy & control - PING has built a driver that’ll help you hit more fairways
- Large sweet spot - swing it hard and hit the golf ball far
- High launch angle for players that struggle to get the ball into the air
- You’re making a significant investment in your game - try it before you buy it
- Has a unique sound - some players love it, some hate it
6. TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver
The TaylorMade SIM2 Max Driver is the second club by TaylorMade to make our best golf drivers list. It’s best for golfers that take their game seriously and have been playing for years.
The TaylorMade engineers used “forged ring construction” to unlock unparalleled distance and accuracy. The 24gram tungsten weight that is positioned on the “inertia generator” will help you create speed through the ball. The milled back face cup works in unison with a new toe-side Speed Injection Port to push ball speeds right to the edge of the legal limit.
- The look of this driver has been very popular with golfers
- Performs well when you don’t catch the center of the clubface - we can all use more forgiveness
- Solid and stable feel at impact
- It’s slightly less expensive than the TaylorMade Stealth, but still pricey
- It has a duller sound than other clubs on our best golf drivers list - turns off some players
7. Titleist TSi3
The Titleist TSi3 is for “real” players. You know, the golfers that win your club championship every year.
The TSi3 creates dynamic distance when the ball is struck in the sweet spot. Improved aerodynamics mean more speed. The TSi3 has a new SureFit CG track technology, offering five unique positions to adjust the club head center of gravity to fine-tune ball flight with neutral, heel, or toe settings.
- Looks great - the best-looking driver available in 2023
- Speed, speed, and more speed - the TSi3 is long
- The adjustability features are unique to the driver market
- This club is not for beginners - you need to know how to play to use this driver
- On a list of expensive drivers, this one is near the top in price
8. Titleist TSi1 Driver
The Titleist TSi1 driver is best for our seasoned golfers. You love the game, but you’ve now moved up to the gold tees. In other words, senior players.
The TSi1 was built for players with moderate to slower swing speeds. This ultralight driver will help you regain some of the distance you’ve lost. The clubface has multi-dimensional stability that allows for high-quality shots even when you miss the center.
- As your swing slows down, this club will help you continue to hit the ball long
- Great looking club - hard to beat the look of a Titleist driver
- Designed to be forgiving and help with your accuracy
- You’ve heard it before, you’ll hear it again - the club is expensive
- Not built for players that swing hard
9. Mizuno ST-G 220 Driver
The Mizuno ST-G 220 driver is best for the player that wants one of the top golf drivers and isn’t afraid to try an alternative brand. Mizuno is known for their irons, but also make high-quality drivers.
The first thing you’ll notice about the ST-G 220 is the multiple adjustment areas. You have several ways to make this driver match your swing. Mizuno has added weight to the back of the driver to create more MOI and a higher launch angle. The face is constructed with an SAT (super alloy titanium) to provide more ball speed and stability at impact.
- In the past, Mizuno drivers had lacked the forgiveness of other top golf drivers, but that’s not the case with the ST-G 220
- Speed and distance are consistent with other drivers on our list
- Level of adjustability is unique - great if you enjoy tinkering with your equipment
- Slight less expensive than other clubs on our list of best golf drivers, but this one will still hurt the bank account
- The amount of adjustability is complex - it’ll most likely require a custom fitting
Which Driver Will Take Your Game To The Next Level?
Take your time. Enjoy the search. Try as many drivers as you can before taking the plunge. Selecting one of the best golf drivers is a serious investment and you should understand your options before pulling out your credit card.
Find the perfect one for your swing and start playing better golf. More distance and more fairways is the recipe for lower scores. Good luck and play well!